Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Fence

I know you're here looking for some witty commentary on church life or Christian living or eschatological hermeneutics. No. Sorry. Not this week. I'm going with the mundane.

I have to build my son a fence. Not a treehouse. Not a custom tube amp. Nope. A fence. Why?

Because my son is getting a dog for his birthday, and before we get a dog we've committed to building a fence to contain said dog.

I'm sure that my wife will attest that I'm reasonably handy. I'm at the least handy enough to have a lot of cool ideas and designs about all kinds of home improvement projects that get started and occassionally even finished!

Anyway, I guess you could say that my son, unbeknownst to him, is relying on me to come through this time. So, here's to you, Jacob! I'm all in for three weeks worth of splinters, concrete, 4x4 posts, post hole diggers, black and blue thumbs, and most likely one ricketty but well conceived privacy fence to contain one man's best friend for one boy who is certainly worth the hastle.

Meanwhile, while I run off to Lowe's to buy things that might or might not help me construct the fence, you can take a glance at a very cute beagle pup that could very well look just like the one that will hopefully reside within the afformentioned fence...




Now if that pic doesn't get me some more readers I don't know what will!

1 comment:

Jessica Hill said...

Love the photo. Praying against the word rickety.