Thursday, August 25, 2011

MiniBlog 2 - Elijah went...

As we talk about LISTEN + ACT there's some real significance to the second verse of 1 Kings 18.

After a long time, in the third year, the word of the LORD came to Elijah: “Go and present yourself to Ahab, and I will send rain on the land.” 2 So Elijah went to present himself to Ahab.*

The key word is went. Elijah went. The word of the Lord came to Elijah. He was listening. God was speaking. And what happened next? Elijah acted on what he heard.

Statements like this show up all throughout scripture. They're significant only because it's a model for the way a disciple of Jesus should live. What's Jesus saying to you? What do you going to do about it?

I know that God is speaking. I know that he wants me to act. I hope that later in my life I can look back on it and say, "so I went..." What about you?


The Holy Bible: New International Version. 1996 (electronic ed.) (1 Ki 18:1–2). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

No comments: