Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Year of the Disciple - MiniBlogs

Mini blogs. That's my way of saying that I'm going to be writing short, to the point paragraphs on what we're learning this year through the Year of the Disciple.

Consider our assignment this week at Cape Naz: Read 1 Kings 18 and Romans 12. As I work through these myself, I'll be miniblogging about my experience in the text.

Remember our question: What is God teaching you and what are you going to do about it? Engage the word and find out!

1 Kings 18:1
1 After a long time, in the third year, the word of the Lord came to Elijah: "Go and present yourself to Ahab, and I will send rain on the land."

This verse kicks off an amazing series of events. It starts with two important facts: God was speaking. Elijah was listening. It led to action. Action led to miracle. Miracle led to life-change.

That's the power of our question. Listening + acting = discipleship.


No comments: